Thursday, September 29, 2011

Conference weekend

When we believe or say we have been offended, we usually mean we feel insulted, mistreated,


snubbed, or disrespected. And certainly clumsy, embarrassing, unprincipled, and mean-spirited

things do occur in our interactions with other people that would allow us to take offense.

However, it ultimately is impossible for another person to offend you or to offend me. Indeed,

believing that another person offended us is fundamentally false. To be offended is a choice we

make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else . --David A. Bednar Oct. 2006 General Conference

I got this from a friends facebook post. This quote gives such an amazing perspective of our agency, the agency that was given to us from our Heavenly Father. I love that it is my choice and not someone elses. I get to choose my own happiness.
I am excited that this weekend I will get to hear more great quotes from the leaders of our church. I also get to share the weekend with my family!


(time for a new family picture)


No comments:

Post a Comment