Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin carving

This year our ginornouns pumpkins came from our garden, Thanks to Dillan's kindergarten teacher.  She can home from school last year with some small plants growing in a cup so we planted them and the result was 6 hug pumpkins.  The kids loved to watch them grow and it seemed each week we have a new pumpkin (we planted them in July sometime) we were even getting new ones right up until we pick them.
The kids had a blast cleaning out the goop and choosing a picture to put on them. 


 In years past they have not been that interested in cleaning out the pumpkins they thought it was gross but this year was different.  As soon as the tops were off there hands were in digging out the cold seeds.  There were a lot of seed and goop so I step in and helped to finish cleaning out the inside.  I have never had a pumpkin were the insides were like a spaghetti squash.  I finally just gave up on getting the inside all smooth and clean because I would just create more things hanging down each time I scraped.  So then we started carving.
McKay had fallen asleep so Rusty helped Zack carve a cat.  Zack was so impatition with the knife he keep trying to cut the lid and would poke his pumpkin while he waited.  I helped Dillan carve her ghost.
While we were carving the kids took to playing in the goop and making soup, pies, and anything else they could think of.








We also cooked a pumpkin pizza for dinner, as a prequel to carving our pumpkins.  The kids love pizza and it was fun to see their excitement when they saw that it was pumpkin shaped with a pumpkin face.

No comments:

Post a Comment