Monday, May 14, 2012

Dillan's dance Revue

This past Saturday was Dillan's Spring Concert.  This girl loves to dance.  She has an amazing ability to remember the dances, and dance them pretty well while totally distracted.  She danced so beautifully but her focus was some where else through out the show, every once in a while she would focus and look at me with the most beautiful smile, a smile of thanks and love for what she was doing.
This comes as no surprise.  She gets distracted very easy.  During one of her competitions, there was a paper taped to the floor saying "This is the edge of the stage", she read it while dancing all of the steps perfectly in sync  with the music and the other cute little dancers in her group.


This little group was so much fun to work with.  They became the best of friend.  When the show was over they sat back in their dressing room SOBBING because they would not get to dance with each other next week (they are only 6-8).  They were pushed and they worked hard all year long but they still found time to become the best of friends.  I loved working with this group, I could push them to the point that I am sure they wanted to quit, but they would bounce right back, so positive and ready to learn more and be pushed again to get better.  They are my little babies and I love them.  What an amazing year I was able to have with them each week.  I can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment