This little man turned 1!
He was loving his milk this morning. He downed the entire cup, fast. He only quite drinking long enough to catch his breath.
For each of the kids birthday breakfast we do muffins or donuts. We let popcorn decide which one he wanted to eat. Here he is looking over his choices.
This one looks good.
Not so sure what to do with the candle. His big brother was there to show him how it's done.With a nick name like popcorn I knew that we had to throw a popcorn themed birthday party. These are the popcorn cupcakes. Rusty even helped me decorated them (there are a lot of marshmellows on them)
This is the table display. I found the cutest popcorn boxes and knew that I needed to use them. Since we were doing a cookout I thought they would look cute and the kids would have fun with them if I filled them with chips. The kids loved them!
Showing off his cute sunglasses. He thinks he is pretty cool in them!
See what I mean.
As I was handing him his cupcake to "devour" he was so excited. When he is excited he kicks his legs and flaps his arms, gets a very excited look on his face and makes the cutest noise. Once he saw the candle his excitement changed into confusion. Once again the kids helped him blow it out.
He didn't hesitate getting it to his mouth. He picked it right up and started eating. He was very clean about it, but there were marshmellows covering the frosting, but still any crumbs that fell the would pick them up.So we gave him a second cupcake with the oh so delicious rainbow chip frosting. That did the trick sort of.
Still pretty clean but with the cupcake but can you see how hard he is working to put the whole thing in his mouth.
It's crazy how fast a year goes by. Through out the past year there were so many times that I wish that I could make time stand still and enjoy the moment even more. I don't know if it's that he was my third one but I didn't not want him to grow up. I was not wishing for him to get to the next stage but wishing for him to stop growing. I took more time to enjoy him each day.

How does he go from being so little to so big in one year.
We absolutely adore him!
No comments:
Post a Comment