Monday, August 27, 2012

Summer

The last of our summer we Packed with fun, fun and more fun.
We decided to put the kids in Summing lessons hopping that they would get over their fear of the water.  They would cling to me and watch everyone else having fun.  You could see it in their faces that they wanted to join the other kids but were to afraid to venture off.  I am happy to say that it worked and now they love the water.  Both of them will jump in without plugging their noses (a feat I hope to accomplish one day).
Dillan is swimming and was so ready to learn more but that will have to wait till next year
Zack was so shy that it took a few classes for him for warm up and start trying what the teacher would ask him to do.  He did warm up and although he would not always do what was taught in class he would practice a lot outside of class, mostly in the tube.  Hopefully next year her will warm up a little faster.



Enjoying some time at the pool.  He would be in the pool with the kids if he was not strapped down.
Zack with his teacher (being a little stubborn) and Dillan in the Back with arms up straight working hard.

Dillan learning to go into the water backwards




Trying a new adventure
I was getting tired of buying bread, the price just seems to keep going up and up and the brand that we liked was no longer the cheap bread. So around the same time that I needed to pick up some more bread Kelly told me that she had a super easy and yummy wheat bread.  I gave it a try and it was a hit with the family Popcorn is even starting to like it. He was in love with the store brand and honestly it was my go to food for him when he was not wanting to eat anything.  This is a little harder for me to just give to him because it is crumbly where the other was not and he could walk around while enjoying his bread.
I hope that I can keep up with making it when dance start, it has way more flavor and it makes the house smell amazing while it cooks and who can resist homemade bread with homemade strawberry jam.



Dillan is in 2nd grade
She was so excited for school to start.  Mostly just to be with her friends every day!  She has Mrs. Groll and absolutely loves her. Dillan loves school and so far this year is a little more willing to do her homework.  (The sun was bright that morning. Every where she stood the sun was to bright to open her eyes more then a squint.


We went to Yellowstone
We love to play in the water at Max Inn.  We catch Minos (finding mino nets up there is nearly impossible), ride on paddle boats (while Spence paddles and Ira pushes), and float the tubes.  There is a lot of relaxing by the water watching the kids play and eating ice cream at Arrow leaf .  
This is one of the places that I find so peaceful even when there are warnings of a grizzly bear.  I can go for a walk, bike ride, or drive and get away from the world and just think. It is so easy to get lost in the beauty that was created for us and not think or care about what is going on in the world. 




This picture does not do the sun justice.  It looked so large and red as it went down.  It was one of the most beautiful sun sets I have seen.











And Eating Lots of Ice Cream 
Zack and Popcorn are the best of friends. He is always looking out for him.  Zack has a very tender heart and is making sure that his brother and sister are taken care of.

I am sad that summer is over but ready for school to start.  Each school year I wish that we had taken the time to have more picnics, swimming and time together.  This summer was a lot of fun and I can't believe that it is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment