Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What our Kids Say



This pregnancy has been totally different then the other two, but it is so fun that the kids are older. They really enjoy the thought of a new baby in the home. We are excited for this little one to join our family.
Dillan is my concerned child, she is always looking out for me, m
aking sure that I don't do anything that could hurt the baby. A few weeks ago on our way to dance she told me that she would show the girls how to do the steps so that I did not squish the baby. This was a class of kids 6th grade and up. When it comes to dance she is not intimidated, but you get her out of the dance studio and she is to shy to talk to anyone. I love how willing she is to help me, hopefully it will continue. Maybe I should teacher her to tie her shoes so she can tie mine. With my other kids I didn't get big until it was warm outside and could wear flip flops, but this one is due a lot sooner and I can't wear flip flop when we walk to school in the snow.
I love how she is willing to help so the baby does not get hurt, but she doesn't interact that much with the baby. I don't know if she thinks it is weird or is embarrassed but I do know that she is excited and loves him. She was the first to tell me "mom your belly is getting big"
We are trying to decide between the names Cole and McKay, She calls him M'Cole. It is so cute to watch then learn and feel the baby move, both love to feel him move.
Zack is my playful child. One morning when Dillan was a school the baby was moving, so I asked if he wanted to feel it. He know will walk up to me and feel my stomach saying "Wake up baby" sometimes he will try and push on my stomach and sometimes he just move his hands gently around my belly. Another thing that Zack has done since we first started telling him we were having a baby and he saw the picture was call him "Popcorn". He will be asked what the babies name is and he always says popcorn. I have no idea where it came from but it is so funny. He does interact more with the baby, he will give it hugs and kisses, tell it I love you, and he loves to tickle it.
He is always asking "when the baby is going to come out of your tummy" we always tell him when Dillan is done with school. So Dillan had presidents day off and Zack asked if the baby was going to come out because Dillan is done with school.
It is making it so fun and so different. Fun to have the kids interacting and so interested in the baby, and different to be explaining things to the kids, and just different because this pregnancy is all around different from my other two.

4 comments:

  1. congrats! i had no idea you were pregnant. fun! i heard a rumor that you are moving dance source to smithfield next year is that right????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited to read this post and hear you are pregnant! Congrats! You other two are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being pregnant with older kids is so much fun. Plus they understand when you need to take it easy. Dillan is so cute being concerned for you. Congrats again, when are you actually due?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also didn't know your pregnant...Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete