I can't believe that it has already been 6 months since McKay joined our family. He is so much fun. He is a pretty calm little guy, who loves attention. Dillan and Zack love to smother him and love him. Zack has finaly decided that he wants to hold him and take care of him more. When Mckay was first born Zack just wanted to look at him and kiss him. But know that Mckay reacts back, Zack loves to watch his reaction. Dillan is quite the little helper, she loves to hold him and carry him around the house.
Mckay loves his food. We tried something different for feeding him. I had head and read a little about baby led weaning, and after making my first batch of mashed sweet potatoes I knew I needed something different. I didn't want to buy baby food because I could make it for a whole lot cheaper, but I didn't know like to mash that baby food either. So at 6 months he got to try little pieces of bananas and sweet potatoes. They are finger food size and they are suppose to feed themselves, except he is a little lazy and will not pick up his food. He is pretty good at playing and handling his toys but will not touch the food, oh well some day he will, right? Any ways it is a much easier way to feed him, I still have to cook his food so it is soft but i don't have to mash it, I have bags in the freezer of diced food ready to heat up and feed to him.
He is funny when we feed him. He will stick is tongue out to test it first before he will let me put it in his mouth, if he likes it he will open his mouth if he doesn't his mouth stays closed.
He is getting close to sitting on his own, and just started to roll. I know I have a lazy one, but he is just content to lay on the ground. I am not in any hurry to have him moving yet so sitting and laying are perfect for me. He gets frustrated when he rolls to his stomach because he can't roll back over to his back. He will wake up to get his binki during the night and will end up rolling over but then gets mad because he can't roll back over, and since he shares a room with Zack I don't let him cry for to long.
He does not sleep through the night, and only has once. Oh well! We still love him.
He is very much a mommy's boy. Whenever I get home from dance he will fuss, and reach for me. Rusty can be holding him and if I walk by he wants nothing to do with Rusty and tries to get to me. I love it, Rusty not so much.
He has the biggest smile!
No comments:
Post a Comment